01 June 2009

returning post.

Please excuse my long hiatus from blogging. Between scrambling to finish my senior projects, applying for jobs, running a different blog as part of a class project and maintaining a little bit of sanity, I neglected my blog.

But to my defense, life has been happening REALLY fast.

It was like I went to bed one day in February and woke up in June in a completely different city, surrounded by different people and different things, and calling a different place home. A place that is currently lacking some crucial elements -- like a couch, a television, gas for the stove and a shower curtain.

So to catch you up to speed in the shortest time possible:

- I graduated! (yay!) Family was in town. Lots of chaos. Lots of eating. Too much to do that I barely had time to enjoy it.

- I got a job! I started today (yay!) as an Online Producer with PilotOnline.com/HamtponRoads.com which are the websites associated with The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, Va.

- I moved! To a cute little apartment that sits among the tree tops in the third story of this 1900s apartment building. There are skylights, a refrigerator, central air conditioning and a shower -- what more could a girl ask for?


All in all I am enjoying my life transition and really like getting to know my new community. I've been going for long runs to get to know the neighborhood -- something I rarely had time for in Elon because schoolwork, friends or Smitty's was always there to distract me. Though I consider myself a very social person, there is something completely relaxing and liberating about living somewhere where every person you cross is a stranger, and every new acquaintance holds the promise of becoming a great friend.

More to come later. Check back!

3 comments:

Ashley Barnas said...

I love this, Olivia, and I'm so happy for you! I want to see you in your new home, too!

Deven Hubert said...

Good to have you blogging again! I'd put a shower curtain high on the list!

Olivia Hubert-Allen said...

Ashley - I'll post some pictures ones it looks a bit more homey. But you'd be better off just stopping by on your next drive from DC to Elon. ;)